Saturday, November 10, 2007

I miss my BLOG

...as the days of the week go flying by. I love to reflect anyway, and find myself Blogging in my head at times. I have been trying the term out with other teachers and (normal?!!) people, but so far, I am getting very little reaction. Blogging is certainly an unknown entity yet at my school. I wonder when I will begin to hear references to it as a tool to encourage student reflection, analysis and personal expression.
Cyberbullying is a huge focus for middle school students. How does one align Blogging and personal expression with Cyberbullying? It is an entirely new concept to many youth that one cannot simply express "whatever" because it is in cyber space! Express away, but it cannot specifically target another individual - be it teacher, Admin or another student.

So Dear Blog, this was a tough week. PD, and Super meeting, and Staff meeting, and School Success training whole-day, and finally a visit to a local high school.

No comments: