Sunday, December 2, 2007

Page Flakes

I had not heard the word Page Flakes before yesterday! Checking LIB3 BLOG and it caught my attention. I have actually investigated and signed up and managed to change the weather to that of Mississauga. It strikes me that Page Flakes is definitely more energetic and active and interactive that a BLOG. It is the quieter approach to reflection that I find so attractive about Blogging. I am still trying to sort out just what the application of each is. Or does one "do" Page Flakes and another person "manages" a BLOG. You can't do it all...
Love the beauty in the phrase though .... Page Flakes

2 comments:

Deb Kitchener said...

Joyce Valenza is really big on PageFlakes....I have an account but have not used it as yet. How would you use this tool Lorna?

Lorna Reads said...

How would I use this tool? Good question...

I could see using this in the Library as a more energy-type page than Library Website. You could have lists of books, connections to different types of "reads" - newspaper and magazines and other links to interesting things. I guess I am struck by the motion and movement of PageFlakes - as opposed to the more staid, reflective components of BLOG. In a middle school library, with many many cultures, you could even try connecting to weather or the Front Page of other countries. I would think anything that is of interest - either to the school, community or personally - that changes frequently would be a good application. I wonder about a page for different languages - you would never know what was on, but if it were based on a newspaper of one culture represented in your school. What about connections to BLOGS or Websites of other institutions for post-secondary for instance.
It all makes my head swim some days.
L