Friday, December 14, 2007

Christmas Concert 2007

There were Choirs tonight. Some were 25 voices strong, and others were 75 voices strong and ONE was over 350 voices. The music was dynamic and rehearsed and uplifting. But there was music of all sorts. Several solos. Singers. Jazz. Woodwinds. Drums. Percussion. Classics.

It was a terrific evening at the Christmas Concert. You can just imagine the hundreds of hours of practice. My spirit has been soothed and rejuvenated tonight at the Christmas Concert. Music. Sharing. Listening. Young people who believe in the power of song and voice and music.

2 comments:

Deb Kitchener said...

I always love the school concerts. The children's voices in choirs always choke me up!

I sing in a teacher choir and we had our seasonal concert last Sunday....it is so amazing to make beautiful music and hear it resonate around a beautiful room.

Christmas isn't right without music and singing.

Lorna Reads said...

So true. I too love to sing. I don't have a choir though. It remains one-of-those-things I want to do. I sang in a choir growing up all through my teens. I love to watch the conducter, and the shape of their mouths and to try to identify which voice matches which singer.
You are too right. One of the best things about December is the Christmas music - I never tire of hearing carols.